Quarch and the Environment
At Quarch, we understand that getting things right at the beginning saves a lot of trouble later.
As a growing company we are committed to expanding our business in the safest, cleanest and most efficient way possible.
Greener in the office
Within our offices, Quarch has a policy of reducing energy use and waste products wherever possible.
- White boards used for meetings to reduce printing
- All files are held in electronic form where possible
- Energy saving lights in all main fittings, use of natural light where possible
- Heating directed to required areas only
- Low power servers and auto-cutoff power bars lower our electricity usage
- Packaging material from goods-in is used to re-pack our products
- Scrap printing paper is re-used for internal printing and notes
- Scrapped electronic products are kept for future testing and training
- Recycled paper in the printers
- Recycle bins provided for all metal, paper, glass and plastic waste
When designing products, we always consider their power use and impact.
- We use efficient, low power components
- Upgradeable and future-proof hardware to extend product life
- UK manufacturing for >90% of our products